Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Progress

Last Wednesday I shared my progress on several "projects," some crafty, some not. Today, I have more progress to report!

First of all, I want to say that Maggie had a great first birthday. Here we are before she tore into the cake.


This is her after the cake...



She had fun, to say the least!


On to progress!


Okay, I moved backward on Aaron's scarf, froggin' the whole damn thing. I redeemed myself, though, finishing it...in a different style. I ended up crocheting it. It went a whole lot faster, giving me the extra time to work on his hat!


As you can see, I'm not totally finished. I still have to weave in ends and start on mittens BUT before I do that, I'm starting on Sean's hat. This is what it looks like now:




I'm doing his hat first, scarf, second, and then mittens. I'm on a time line here. The weather is already horribly cold (for October, at least), and, again, Autumn catches me off guard. Every year I vow to knit up the winter stuff before winter and end up squeaking the stuff out--if I'm lucky--by mid-January. Not this year! My kids will not be cold...or wear mismatched hats and scarves (which is usually what happens.)

Crafty progress? There is some. Not much, but some. No picture, though. (Sorry!)

Healthy progress: I'm still eating better. Not great, but better. I made an awesome batch of Iced Pumpkin Cookies on Sunday. (I like to bake on Sunday, for some reason.) They were too good (not bragging), which led me to eat many of them. But, they were made with pumpkin, so I'm sure they were vitamin packed! ;-)

Weight, about the same.

Fitness? I've actually been working out. A little. I've been sneaking yoga in when the beast is a sleep. (Maggie is very clingy, lately.)

Homework? I took two tests. I scored a 94.5% on my math test, and I don't have my grade for government yet. Started planning out my two papers due next month.

That's it for now. Maggie is having a meltdown about something. (She really just wants to be held.)

No comments: