Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hi.

I know it's been a while. A whole month to be exact. What can I say? I'm really busy right now. We put the house on the market and John has been job hunting. We're biting our nails to the quick as we wait for something to happen. We did get away two weeks ago to help my folks move into their new house in Asheville, NC. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures in Asheville. We went to Chimney Rock instead of hanging around Asheville. I have pictures of Chimney Rock, but we didn't stay long because my oldest was acting up.

Here is the wildlife at Chimney rock:



To the right you will see the fearsome mountain cat. It was a good thing we were in our car when this one emerged from the dark woods!



Then we saw some dragons:







These guys were hanging out by the gift shop.



The view from Chimney Rock was BREATHTAKING! In order to get up to (near the) top of Chimney Rock, there is this elevator carved right into the mountain. I have to admit, I was a little claustrophobic during that part of our little tour. Not only was the elevator crowded, but if it stopped half-way--we were in the mountain! We couldn't just climb to the next floor! Maybe that's just my bit of craziness, though.

As for the heights, those didn't bother me. I was official picture taker--as usual. (I don't even think my parents own a camera anymore.) I got some great pics of the view. I'll post more pictures through "Hello," because blogger has stopped uploading for me. (This happens sometimes.)

The visit with my parents was way too short. Luckily, though, I will be moving to Charlotte or Raleigh soon and will be much, much closer. For the last few years my parents have lived on the coast of Mississippi while I have lived in Maryland. It will be real nice to be living in the same state.

Speaking of people who live in NC, my in-laws, Bob and Anne, live in Greensboro. We'll be closer to them too. We stopped by on the way back from my parents place. We spent two days with them, and I bet they couldn't wait until I left. Boy was I cranky! I took some good pictures there, though. I'll post those, as well.

Our house has been viewed a total of seven times in the last three weeks. OMIGOD, we gotta sell this house! Ugh!

Well, gotta go.

No comments: