Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oooh, I can't wait to share!

My major crafty item I made for, er--my swap friend--is done! Finished! Brought to fruition! Complete! I just wish I could share it. It is by far, one of my favorite things I have made. I love it's simplicity! It's style! I want to keep it!

But I can't. It wouldn't be right.

I haven't had a chance to take photos yet. I will. And I'll post them--after she receives it.

The Little Mermaid art quilt is 10% done...meaning, I have cut out my fabric pieces. I know, I know. I should be further along. I've been beating around this bush for months. (I started planning in June.) I hope this means it'll be amazing. More realistically, it just means I'm lazy.

As always, I've been spending my time cleaning. Instead of creating. I got a new toy (a steam mop and hand held steam spray bottle), and I've been spending my time sanitizing random things. (I cleaned off the top of my fridge!) Ah, the joys of domesticity...

I'm such a sucker for cleaning tools/accessories/etc. I was this close to buying a Sham-wow. ("You'll be saying 'wow' everytime.") Luckily, my sister was suckered into that one, and I was able to see it "work" first hand. (It didn't.) They know how to get you, though. They play on the housewife's deep desire to someday have everything done. Reality is, it's never done. The house--the world, really--is forever changing. You can't freeze time, and you can't clean a house once and never have to do it again. This is life.

Ah, I'm just rambling, now. I'm tired, itchy (I had an allergic reaction to something. On my face.), and I have had the same recurring headache for the last few days.

I have to go to bed. Blah.

~christina

No comments: