Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to me...

Guess what...the 15th was my birthday! (But everyone celebrated on Monday...hahaha!) I turned 23...alright, 28. We went down to visit my husband's family. They were really sweet and bought me some flowers and a coffee mug (with some flavored coffees!) I had a great time and, most importantly, I didn't have to go to work on Sunday! (Or Monday night, for that matter.) Yes, this inconvienced my friend Shon, who, no doubt, had to pick up the slack for me this weekend. Don't feel bad, though, because she LEFT ME ALONE THE SUNDAYS BEFORE AND AFTER CHRISTMAS!!! (No, Shon, I will never forget!) Anyhow, a great time was had by all (except Shon). We played "Battle of the Sexes" and us ladies (Anne and I) lost three times. I think we were a little too kind to the men (my husband, John, and his dad, Bob). We gave them a lot of help, although they will swear the cards weren't fair. If you have never played the game, it is a trivia game in which the women are asked questions that a man would know, and vice versa. They (the men) swore their questions were too hard, while ours were easy. I admit it. Some of them were. For instance: "J. Lo. stands for ______." Here's one that was for them: "What color results from mixing white and red?" I kid you not. That was an actual question.

Well, here are some pictures of the fun. Enjoy!

ABOVE: Here I am, getting ready to blow out my candles, take a sip of wine, and ask a question from the game. (I'm a born multi-tasker!)


ABOVE: I know two people who do not want his or her picture posted. One is Anne, who I will not post a picture of out of respect. The other is my husband (the angry looking man above.) He is sitting with next to his dad, Bob. Since John doesn't view my blog, I think I'm safe. :)

Blogger is kinda acting up, so I'll post more pictures through Hello.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Feliz Cumplea~nos!!

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Christina said...

Thanks!