Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Painting

I've really been itching to paint, which is not so good when I should be working on the few other projects I already started. Still feels good to dip my brush into the water.

I'm not too fond of the painted I posted yesterday. It's cute, maybe, but it is definitely lacking something. I like this one better.Although, I might change the background a few times. I have other stuff in mind!

And, by the way, I do NOT like the cotton watercolor canvas. If you don't stretch it, it still warps. (I was under the impression it didn't.) Learning this, I taped down my second canvas, like I do with watercolor paper. Unlike the paper, which provides a good surface for the tape to stick to, the canvas slipped out from the tape as soon as I started painting. :( I think I'll stick with paper for now on! (Plus, it's too textured.)

No comments: