Monday, September 22, 2008

Ahh, Monday, Monday

John's at work...The boys are in school...Maggie is sleeping...Peace and quiet...I should go meditate. First...

Breakfast, coffee, a little reading. Things I used to take for granted.
This morning I'm having a Long Island breakfast. Now, I'm not sure if this is truly the breakfast of choice there, but my parents were raised all their lives on Long Island, and every time they would go back for a visit, they would have buttered hard rolls for breakfast, while I would eat a cream cheese bagel. These items would come from a Deli. Mmmmm....
So, I picked up the latest issue of Artful Blogging. What a beautiful magazine!
So, I'm sitting here, enjoying my butter sandwich, and thinking of what I'll do today. There are so many things I want to do. Last week was so busy I did nothing for myself. I have one appointment (teacher conference) this week, and I plan on just playing catch up--and taking it easy. Unfortunately, though, I'll spend the first portion of the week "getting well." I have a cold. Blah. Lots of sinus pain. Coated mouth. Cracked lips. Cranky attitude. Drowsy medicine head.
I'm optimistic, though. This cold won't last. I'll persevere!
I want to practice some embroidery stitches. I have some ideas for small pieces. My fingers are itching to sew. And maybe knit.
That comes later, though. Now is rest. I think I'll kick back, relax, and see how I feel later this afternoon.
Maggie is a-stirring. So much for meditation...

Good day, all!

No comments: