Friday, October 28, 2005

Well, I finished that hat. A few days ago, actually. I'm embarrassed to note, though, that the hat is still. Too. Small. (Ugh.) My boys are fat-headed. Okay, it isn't entirely their fault. I measured Aaron's head wrong. I should've measured him from forehead to the top of the back of his neck. Instead, I measured from forehead to the back of his head, which would be fine if I were making a skull cap. I tried to post a picture in this message, but for some reason I keep getting error messages, so I'll have to use the "hello" program to add it in.

So, what else? Not much. I went grocery shopping yesterday and spent a bundle. I really think I have some sort of defect that it is causing me to over-spend. Really. Anyhow, it was nice to get out. I'm always stuck at home.

Guess what? October is almost over!! Next comes Thanksgiving and I can not wait! I'm going down to see my father-in-law, Bob, and my step mother-in-law, Anne. (And my bro-in-law, Tim, and my sis-in-law, Megan.) My husband and I have absolutely no family nearby, so I always look forward to visiting them during the holidays!!

Also, Halloween is in just a few days. I was going to dress my boys up in some store-bought Spongebob and Patrick costumes, but realizing I've waited way too long to buy them, I probably won't find them. Sooooo, I decided to make their costumes myself. One will be a mummy, the other will be either a cat or a devil. Of course, I'll take pictures. This will be their first time trick-or-treating! I'm so excited!

Oh, I wanted to mention I made this recipe I found on the food network website. Chicken and dumplings...Be fore-warned: this is a long and involved recipe. But it was worth it. (Why am I telling you this? Because I want you all to think I am a fabulous domestic goddess!)

Have a good day, all!

No comments: