Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Final Farewell

The internal conflict going on in my heart is almost too much to bare. Am I happy? Am I sad? Am I losing an old friend, or is this the beginning of a beautiful relationship? I don't know. All I know is my camera arrived this afternoon. My Olympus' journey has come to an end. First, his replacement:

This is Finepix. We are just now getting acquainted. I don't know much about him, and I have a feeling he could care less about me, considering he hasn't taken many clear pictures yet. He's so much more complex than Olympus. He's temperamental in a way that I have never known a camera. Maybe I'm just not experienced enough to handle him just yet. I have a feeling, though, that this might be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. We just have to get better acquainted.

Olympus...What can I say about you? You were my first good camera. You were my first digital. We took a lot of nice pictures together. Hey, in your day you were the best! The top of the line...But you've gotten old, and a little broken. Yes, I know it's my fault! I know I dropped you one to many times! I know I let little hands get a hold of you. For that I am deeply sorry. Don't think of this as goodbye, though. I'll always keep you in a special part of my closet. So now, dear Olympus, it is time to rest. You have had a long life, and you deserve it. In your honor, we (Finepix and I) have taken your picture for the first time, and, for the last...


Goodbye, old friend.

In Memoriam,

Olympus D-510

December 2001-December 2005

No comments: