Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Winter Break!!!!!

Well, I handed in my last assignment for Intro to Theater, and I have my last Aerobics class on Saturday. Now I have unlimited time to spend on knitting and finishing my Christmas presents.

I'm making something nice for my friend, Shon. I can't say what it is, because she occasionally visits this blog, and I don't want to ruin the surprise. I can say, it's going to be nice.

As for knitting, I feverishly clicked away with the needles this morning to finish my son's winter hat. Then I quickly weaved the loose ends in and stuffed it on his head before sending him off to school. I'd post a picture, but he is at school. Also, I wanted to add a pompom to the top. Next year, I'm goint to start--and finish--the winter projects before winter. This morning it was in the single digits here, and my poor boy only has a scarf and a hat. I have yet to get to the mittens.

On my needles now, though, is a hat for my friend's, little girl, Kennedy. Since it's a toddler hat, and the needles and yarn are big, this should be finished by this evening. Here is a picture of the beginning of the hat:

The hat's made in Paton's "Twister." The yarn is very thick and warm! It's not something I would've chosen, but now that I'm knitting with it, I really like the way it feels.

I already made the scarf for Kennedy, but plan on putting some tassels at the ends. When I'm done with both, I'll post a picture! (Plus, I'll post one of Sean's finished winter set.)

No comments: