Wednesday, December 07, 2005

One scarf down...



...Four more to go...

My list of "Things to Knit" is ever-growing. I just finished Sean's scarf (left.) To the right and below you'll find some detail shots. This scarf took a while because I didn't seriously work on it until I realized it's getting pretty cold out there. (We had snow on Monday.) I haven't blocked the scarf, and I think I'm just going to toss it in the washer. It doesn't need to be perfect. (It's going on a kid, right?)

As for the other scarves, I still need to make Aaron's, and I just promised my friend, Danette, that I would knit her baby girl a scarf and hat. Why would I take on yet another project? It'll be super quick. Not only is it for a baby, but the yarn she chose is extra chunky. Here's a picture of it.

It's nice to be knitting for a little girl, though. The boy's scarves are so...Boring.

As for what's going on around here, we put up our x-mas tree...But the cats and the boys have been systematically knocking down ornaments. It looks a little sad, right now. The cats like to climb up and sit on the branches, which bends them b/c it is a faux tree. (Next year I'm getting a really one, dammit!) Here's a picture. Enjoy.


(I swear there were more ornaments on it at one time...Oh, tenenbaum, oh tenenbaum, how lovely are your branches...)

No comments: