Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We have a lot to cover...



...So listen up! I have a ton of stuff to share. First and foremost, Shon's gift. It's a needle roll! Here is it in all it's rolled glory (Left.) And here it is unrolled (right.)

And (below) is the removable strap I attached for stitch markers, which I included. (I assembled them myself.) Cool, huh? And, below, I used some iridescent puff paint to make "pearls" on the dots around the flowers.

So, there it is. Next, knitting.

I've been busy at the needles. I finished the hat I was knitting. I decided to put ear flaps on it, but I don't really like the way they look on me. It's a pretty hat, though. Here's a close up (below.)

I've also been working on wrist warmers for moi. Again, I found the pattern in "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." I borrowed the book from the library, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it, as I also plan to make the stuffed bunny from it. (Among many other things that caught my eye in the book.) Anyhow, here is one wrist warmer. It's almost done. (Below)

I'm also working on a poncho for my niece, Lucy. I found some beautiful and very, very soft yarn from Jo-ann's Fabrics. It's their own brand, Sensations, in "Angel Hair." They were having a sale on it. It's not often a yarn actually inspires a project for me, but when I saw this stuff, I thought "toddler poncho." So that's what I'm making. Here is the first half of it (right,) almost finished. (My fingers move like lightening!)

And here is a close up of that yarn. (Below)

You see, I told you I had a lot to share. That's it in the way of pictures, though. I did take a picture of my injured arm. Yeah, I got a boo-boo. The cat (the big one, Loki), decided to jump on the safety gate as I was opening it and jumped right on my arm. Then he freaked out (because of the wobble open gate under my arm,) and tore my arm open. Okay, okay. It's just a scratch, but it hurt like hell!

Christmas was good! I didn't get everything I expected, but I've been married for almost seven years and have come to realize that he will never put as much thought into my gifts as I have into his. This is just natural law. If you want your spouse to get you something, you have to give them specifics. You have to write EXACTLY what you want, otherwise, you aren't getting it. So, I pretty much knew what some of my presents were. I asked for, and received, the new Fiona Apple CD, a yoga mat, "Light Blue" perfume, a foot care kit (to use so I don't embarrass myself during yoga with nasty, callousy feet) and a battery recharger for my camera, which, if you remember, was supposed to be one of my x-mas gifts. Before he went shopping--two days before Christmas--he asked for a detailed list. There was no improvisation during his shopping spree. Therefore, no surprise. As usual. I, on the other hand, had no list. Whenever I asked what he wanted, he said, "I dunno." I had to guess at what to get him. I did pretty damn well, too.

Christmas dinner is another story. He bragged to his family about how he was going to "make Christmas dinner." He put the ham in the oven and mashed some taters. The rest was all me. I made two pumpkin pies, an apple pie, sweet potato casserole with a pecan crust, and a broccoli bake. He spent maybe ten minutes in the kitchen. I spent two days. (I also made cookies for that fat cat, Santa.) I can't gripe too much, though. I like cooking and baking. I also like getting credit, though!

Well, kiddies, that's enough for me. I have one last picture to post. It was Christmas afternoon, and Aaron was pooped. He decided he wanted to keep his cars neatly in their package. He's only 2 and already a little OCD! (More on his "quirks" another time.)


Happy Holidays, all!

No comments: