Thursday, December 01, 2005

Some Thanksgiving Pictures

I've been holding off on posting b/c I'm waiting for my in-laws to e-mail me some of their pictures from last week, but here is what little I took pictures of with my broken camera:


(Above) Here's Aaron showing me a leaf. Last week he "discovered" leaves, and that they fly in the breeze when you throw them into the air.

(Below) Here's Sean playing on the steps. He loved being outside. (It was a pretty mild day, also, which is why they all were just in sweaters.)


(Above) I tried to get the boys to sit still so I could capture them together, but they wouldn't look into the camera. Behind them is Smith Mountain Lake. We are atop the party deck on Kate's pier.

And, as I promised, here are some pictures of the house I covet. This is the back side that faces the water.


And here is a side view of the house. Note the lake in the left half of the picture.

Not to change the subject, but I do have so good news: my new camera has been purchased and should be arriving here any day now. That means MORE PICTURES. BETTER PICTURES. MORE POSTS! I'm pretty excited! I'm getting a Fuji Finepix S5100. (Oooooh!) Also, I received my stitch markers from Arlyna's Closet. Did I mention them? I bought them two or three weeks ago. They came all the way here from CHINA!! I absolutely love them! When I get my new camera, which should be soon, I will post pictures of them. Why am I waiting for my new camera before I take the pics? Well, using the Olympus is just a big hassle now, as the zoom isn't working properly, and the battery door won't stay shut, which means it has been cutting out in the middle of taking the picture. I'd rather just wait. I will use this camera just one more time--to take a picture of the new camera. Think of it as a "Change of Command." (For those of you who have never served in the military, it's a ceremony where one commander is honored, then "passes the torch," so to speak, to the one taking over his job.) I feel it will be an appropriate way to retire the old, and bring in the new!

Okay. That's enough for now. When I get those pictures from Anne, I'll post them. (She actually took pictures of the important things, like the turkeys.) More to come...

No comments: